Saturday, November 5, 2016

My first Indigitous Hackathon Experience 初次参与全球黑客马拉松

It is my privilege to join the Indigitous Hackathon with people from 28 cities of  different part of world. Quite likely our site have the largest number of Chinese speaking participants among all sites. Yes, part of my dream of GOSP4EL of global open source projects for evangelical laities(ordinary people). Yes, ordinary people are doing extraordinary things together for God.
This is my first hackathon and admire those young people slept very little and enjoyed hacking in last 40 plus hours.

My team, with two other college students, were translating and organizing the wiki page of GOSP4EL. I also tried to be more organized and posted some of my work and something that we learned and shared as resources in the Chinese context of our #hackathon. I am looking forwards for more input and sharing of resources/ideas from Global Chinese. Hopefully this can be helpful for the future events in Hong Kong, etc.

I posted two projects, GOSP4EL and COAD(Curriculum Of Asian Diaspora Christian) in indigitous.org. We only focus on GOSP4EL this time. Thank you again for team members of sister Zhang and Xiao Hong.

This is also a great time for networking and knowing some great people with the passion to serve God with their technical skills. Thank you for Ray and Nelson to share their skills, knowledge and passion for #indigitous. Thank you the organizers for their servant hearts, efforts and hospitality.     

No comments :