Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Missional prayer Tour and prayerful awareness

I have been traveling quite a bit for consultation, training and meeting. I have shared ideas about the ideas of tour with mission concern and prayer for the places and the people that visited. Short term mission became a trend in last 20 years. One of my concern is that we are having a tourist mentality for short term mission. I am promoting a mission mentality while Christians are travelling. While we are travelling, God may speak to us because our invention of STM. However, as I am intentional to think about prayer and would like to spend 30 minutes per day of prayer and/or scriptural reading from the prayer for a 30 days hustle project. I found that it is not that easy to be aware of the presence of God as I am travelling. I am still thinking it is worth to do it.

I am very thankful for the opportunity visiting school, friends and tour a bit in California recently. I did pray for the country, the state, the people and the cities. May the Lord's grace and mercy be with them. I am also very thankful and was blessed by the hospitality of friends and colleagues last week and this week. I will try to be alert what and whom the Lord will bring to me and live prayerfully day by day. 

No comments :