Monday, September 5, 2016

Reflection of Glocal Chinese with 9th CCOWE observation

After attending twice CCOWE, I found the Chinese diaspora or oversea Chinese are both global and local phenomenon. Thus, I think the first character, "G", of GOSP4EL should be Glocal rather than global.

In last two CCCOWE, there was an English track congress parallel to the traditional mandarin Chinese track. At the same time, many of the participants are Cantonese speaking. Chinese churches are very complicated.

As I expressed my concern about the localized and indigenous development of local Christian community or materials, many of our English speaking friends are thinking about translating the text and materials. I think it is difficult to explain the Chineseness in term of origins, language, ethnicity and culture with all different combination of the above items.

I am glad to see world evangelism and global mission bring the unity of Chinese churches with global connection. I think it is also very important to let all distinctive Chinese group aware of their difference as strength and limitation, with the potential instrument to glorify God with Kingdom mentality rather than Great Chinese mentality. I think the path of all globcal Chinese church reaching overall global perspective with action is still quite long. As the old Chinese saying, "The path is long. You will certainly not able to get there, if you don't start walking."

I can imagine that is the same things for GOSP4EL, just even Hong Kong. I am glad to see some progress and the networking started expanding. The path is still long. My effort is just a token, I would like to see His Greatness will be demonstrate by His grace and obedience of others, laity and ordinary people.


On September 10, 2016, we are going to have the second GOSP4EL(Hong Kong) meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/events/291370867884029/

I certainly would appreciate your promotion, sharing and prayer.

No comments :