Friday, September 2, 2016

Radical? From Offering, Commitment then Surrender

When I was a young Christian, I came across a Chinese Christian title "Commitment"  by Rev. So. I was not able to recall the details of the book. My impression is there is concern about Chinese Christians along with other growing Christian communities in different part of the world do not really pay attention to the cost of being disciple.
In 9th CCCOWE, we came across the theme, "becoming radical disciples of Christ". In one of the devotional session, Rev. Chan called for surrender as a decision of becoming a radical disciple of Christ. Isn't offering and commitment enough to bring glory to God? Maybe or maybe not. I am not God, I don't know. However, there can be a more radical way to worship God by surrender or even more radical but biblical sacrifice.

What does sacrifice means to us? The first meaning can be  someone or animal as sacrifice because of us. The second meaning can be we as the sacrifice because of someone. If Christ has been the sacrifice for us and yield to the Father's will, then what could be the sacrifice for God's glory and the people that He cared and love. I fear that I dare not to answer the question lightly. How radical should we be? Is why question a legitimate question for being a radical disciple of Christ? Is radical still rational? Why do we ask why?
What are the value behind our words and deeds? Do we have answers of these question? Do we prefer ourselves having answer or not? Why?

If Jesus asks me today, "Do you love me?" as He asked Peter thousands years ago.
I feared that my answer would be, "Lord, you know how much that I don't love you."
May God search our hearts and help us or at least myself to follow Him in ways of offering, commitment, surrender and different means in order to glorify Him.

""If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." C.T. Studd

No comments :