Monday, March 26, 2018

Reconsideration of the core value of self-sustainability in GOSP4EL

This morning I came across two passages in my personal bible reading Mark 6 and Matthew 6. One is about just take what you need in your journey, not spare set of clothes, not your money bag .... etc ... Another one is don't worry about what you eat, what you dress ... He will provide. Do the bible teach us to be self-sufficient, self-sustainable. My family and I have been supported by the churches in last 25 years. Some time I felt that I was the debt and burden, rather than the asset and blessings to the church. I want to be .... I want to be .... I want to be self-sustainable, so that I will not be the financial burden of  others. What behind such thought and feeling can be some kind of pride. I am good. Yes, I am good and I am sufficient under the mercy of God and His churches. This morning I came across a devotional message about Jeremiah 33:1-3:

"While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the Lord came to him a second time: “This is what the Lordsays, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ "

I was in a country, where God have given me through the sermon/preaching from the book of Jeremiah a couple of times in last 15 years during my transitions. I have been thinking that I am doing something can be rather ridiculous in some people's eyes. I have to be careful, whether I would to call to God or not. It's scaring to be in the ministry of God's Words, especially translating God's Words. Am I really ready for God's answer or prefer not to hear from God. How good am I relate and connect well to God? If I am self-sustainable, I am not likely will call to him. He want to make sure that my family and I am not self-sustainable, and have to call to God.

Other brothers and sisters got a 'secular' job and support their family and themselves also have to live by faith and depend on God. There is no-one can be self-sustainable in a community within the boundary of God's Sovereignty and Creation.

Dear Father, I will love to call to you  and listen to your answer. Please also help us to have a heart to obey your command for whatever great and unsearchable things ahead of me. Thank you for keep me ignorance about things that I don't need to know in your time. Only reveal to me what I need to know for your Glory. In the name of Jesus of  sacrificial love and act beyond human understanding, Amen.  

No comments :