Monday, May 9, 2016

Being Aware of God Self and spiritual danger and Examining self - Day 7 and 8 of 50

Miracle and Being Aware of God


Yesterday morning I came across a passage about Peter's healing Aeneas and raising Dorcas from the death in Act 9. There can be a lot of discussion and controversy about miracles in different places. Here I think the most important is that the focus of the miracle is not for our curiosity, but for our awareness of the supernatural God with his power override the nature as His will. I did not come across the raising people from dead nor miraculous healing by myself. I think certainly God is able to choose to do this in whenever and wherever. With nature and our own experience, the miraculous moment is our awareness of God's presence, His Glory and Work.

Evening my family celebrate mother day with my children's mother, as I got back I was not feeling well. Then I went to bed early.

Self and Spiritual Danger Awareness

As I started deciding to come closer to God, I think there can be more obstruction, temptation, self-deception or destruction in the process. I tend to face more temptation to be angry and do what ever against holy life, the fruit of spirit and the characters mentioned in the Beatitude. Thus, I think I have to be careful and I think it is important to aware of this and aware of the dark-side of myself.

Temptation and Trial can come from self, from the circumstances, from others, or from the enemies. Knowing the source, can also help us to deal with the root of issues for longer term. Struggling with sin, temptation, trial and frustration is part of the journey of the rest of our lives.

On the other hands I think I have to be thankful for my sinful nature and dark-side and the potential temptation to be shone under the guidance of the Spirit. At the same time I have to be careful and tried hard not to following those traps. Thus, I would appreciate if you can join me in prayer for God's power and mercy over sin and prepare my day by day encounter with the presence of God.

Examine Self

I have been traveling quite a bit and I missed the Lord's table occasionally. However last Good Friday week because of my traveling, I had three times of lord's table in the Good Friday. I have been pondering what does it mean to me. I fear that we forget the meaning of something that we do in the routine of our every day life. The meaning of the Lord's table can be taken for granted without really think through it. Thus, I think that is something I will keep contemplating in next couple weeks. One of the highlight of my meditation about what happened during that week and the preparation of the Lord's table is about "we need to examine ourselves" I think in the couple of weeks, it is important for me to examine ourselves. In the whole journey of Christian journey, we may need to stop at certain point and really evaluate and examine ourselves before God. One thing that I am planning to do is to reread the book "If ... " by Amy CarMichael.
I hope you can also have a break and similar reflection opportunity. Please also pray for my reflection and my examination.

No comments :