Friday, May 27, 2016

Hlaf way of the 50 day with intention coming closer to God

Thank you for remembering me. Time flies it is already half way since I would like to be intentional draw closer to God. I found out that working for Him as I thought was is much more then rest as He commanded.

I came across a couple sermon videos and articles/reading. I wish I can put down some of my notes an thought earlier. I just finished watching the video by Timothy Keller about "Faith and Work"
I found it is helpful to help me to rethink about work in three points:

1. Work is good,
2. work was corrupted, men in charge to bring glory to themselves(as Babel Tower event)

3. hope of work - Jesus' work and not ours.

I got another consultant invitation and need to prepare for the consultation coming week. My colleague is ready to work with me on TBTA Chinese next week. Plate is quite full again. I am still taking the course about "Lean data approach measuring social impact" I hope that I can put what I learned in context of Bible Translation. There are three modules, the first one about concepts about lean approach, which align well with human centered design. I think there would be other similar courses about that. It's not uncommon to have similar/common concept in the introduction of different courses sharing the similar goal and methodology, especially for NGO and social enterprise setting.
Exercise of preparing short survey is good, but working on survey questions would easily take long time, but good and right questions are crucial. How can we guarantee that?
I think some material about current technology can be helpful, especially if team project can implemented in a short time. Or else I fear that those technology of app would obsolete or outdated in a very sort time.

I didn't participate much in the forum discussion in this course.

My son will graduate tomorrow. I am expecting next few weeks can be quite busy. Hopefully I can have a restful spirit. I'll appreciate your prayer.

My news letter(in Chinese) just relieved yesterday through MailChimp. You're welcome to subscribe.
http://goo.gl/1o4anN





No comments :